Urgent Care Triage Course
Target Audience: Urgent Care nurses and physicians.
- The Urgent Care Triage Course is a two day (short day agenda) live presentation and Online post test (10.5 Contact Hours)
- Online Triage Acuity Scale module (2.75 Contact Hours)
- Online Triage Clinical Expertise module (5.0 Contact Hours)
Total Contact Hours: 18.25 Course Objectives: Course Objectives:
- Discuss evolution of triage and various models of triage and healthcare access affecting patients
- Describe principles of triage applicable to patients presenting at urgent care
- Apply critical thinking skills to triage assessment
- Define the nursing triage process
- Apply triage concepts and skills and clinical skills using clinical scenarios and interactive exercises
- Identify interventions that urgent care triage nurses may implement to benefit patient care
- Identify strategies and tools that may improve patient safety and patient throughput simultaneously
- Recognize barriers to accurate assessment and triage category assignment
- Select strategies to serve as a change agent to implement triage principles in the urgent care setting
Please note: The Urgent Care Triage Course includes online acuity and clinical expertise modules along with post-testing to ensure RN triage competencies. Would your hospital system benefit from an Urgent Care Triage Course? Call (828.628.8029), or submit inquiry.