FULL PORTFOLIO STRATEGY
While education alone will most certainly produce better outcomes in emergency nursing triage and point-of-entry processes, the best outcomes and most cost-efficient ED optimization of point-of entry processes will be realized through executing our full portfolio. This will provide your staff with our online training courses, which include progressive competency courses and hardwiring opportunities.
Hardwiring best practice is attained through online course work, visual reference aids such as posters and pocket guides, and ensuring ongoing competency through online competency and refresher modules. Finally, our full portfolio develops resource nurses for continuing quality assurance, by means of preceptors who have mastered the coursework.
The Pathway to Competency
For the best outcomes: We encourage the implementation of our complete portfolio, which has been designed with over two decades of experience with healthcare organization evaluations and education throughout the country, as well as the ability to cross the lines of communication and work with both administrators and nursing/medical staff.
1. GARNER EXECUTIVE SUPPORT
2. EVALUATE CURRENT STATE
3. RECOMMEND FUTURE STATE
- Establish implementation plan
4. EDUCATE AND INFORM
- Triage comprehensive curriculum
- Federal mandate course
- Acuity scale-specific course
- Continued access to Triage First post-education for questions, clarifications, etc.
5. DEVELOP RESOURCE SPECIALISTS
- Able to implement improvements and audit triage documentation and acuity scale assignments
6. ESTABLISH MINIMUM STANDARDS FOR TRIAGE
- Triage orientation
- Standards of Practice
7. HARDWIRE BEST PRACTICE
- Provide preceptorship
- Acuity scale poster reference aid
- Acuity scale pocket guide or electronic reference aids
8. QUALITY ASSURANCE PLAN
- Chart audits and reviews
- Peer review system
9. ONGOING COMPETENCY EDUCATION
- Triage Scenarios: Progressive competency program
Copyright 1997-2020, Triage First, Inc. All Rights Reserved. The ED Triage Comprehensive Course™ and ED Triage – Progressive Competency™ are trademarks of Triage First, Inc.