TRIAGE FIRST QUALIFICATIONS
- Triage First is the ONLY ED consultation entity that also provides online education, which is standardized and acuity scale-specific, as well as able to impart knowledge, transfer that knowledge, AND provide the opportunity to hardwire that knowledge through self-paced online modules, developed over a 23-year history.
- Triage First has a long history of providing triage education to Military, Veterans Administration, and Indian Health Services facilities.
- Triage First is an internationally recognized company as an ANCC Accredited Provider, having obtained the exceptional classification of Accreditation with Distinction for nursing education.
- The principal consultant is highly regarded as a leader in the art and science of triage and is sought after as a subject matter expert by publishers of textbooks and core standards in the profession.
- The principal consultant is a published author in triage and patient safety in both textbooks and peer-reviewed journals.
- The Triage First approach to the entire ED Triage-Comprehensive Curriculum™ follows a systematic progression that matches the actual triage process, incorporating both rapid AND comprehensive triage assessments.
- Triage First addresses the ROOT CAUSES of mistriage: lack of education, inexperience, lack of clinical knowledge, misled characteristics, beliefs, and attitudes, lack of empathy, and triage drift.
- Proprietary content educates regarding critical thinking skills and decision-making processes and identifies the caregiver’s trigger groups and subtleties, such as cynicism, prejudices, and biases, all of which may degrade triage clinical expertise or critical thinking skills.
- The Triage First online curriculum is supported and hardwired through self-paced, acuity scale-specific (Emergency Severity Index [ESI], Canadian Emergency Department Triage and Acuity Scale [CTAS], or other as contracted by organization), and triage clinical expertise individual learner activities. No other triage curriculum is both comprehensive AND acuity scale-specific.
- Triage First education provides content specific to military and Veterans Administration issues with regard to PTSD and victims of abuse.
- The Clinical Readiness activities include teaching points on triage for biological and chemical warfare agent presentations.
- Our education incorporates requirements for those pursuing Chest Pain Center Accreditation and/or Atrial Fibrillation Accreditation, as well as Magnet™ Designation (documents available upon request).
- Sustainability is offered through online progressive competency courses, which are available for those who complete the initial curriculum.
- All course material is updated annually, providing current content.
- The Triage First founder was a member of the ENA/ACEP collaborative Triage Task Force, working to standardize the science of triage to a valid and reliable five-level triage acuity scale.
- Rebecca McNair, owner and President of Triage First, coined the term that has led the national philosophy of “triage as a process, NOT a place”.
- Triage First is solely owned by a female veteran of the U.S. Navy.
Copyright 1997-2020, Triage First, Inc. All Rights Reserved. The ED Triage Comprehensive Course™ and ED Triage – Progressive Competency™ are trademarks of Triage First, Inc.